Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank you notes

So today I made an effort to cross one item off of my bucket list. I know it has only been a day since I published it, but what better time to start than right now! I decided to go for something easy, but also something that I've wanted to do for a long time. I was particularly inspired after meeting with friends for happy hour this evening. No, I did not have a drink or indulge in amazing, but highly caloric, appetizers. But I did get to catch up with good friends, which made it a very successful "happy" hour! So when I got home tonight I decided to write little thank you notes to 10 of my closest friends.


I kept the notes short and sweet, which is a challenge for me because, as those who know me can attest to, I have a tendency to be very wordy. The gist of the notes (which in this day and age took the form of emails or facebook messages) was that I am so grateful to have wonderful, supportive friends in my life. Although I am doing what I can to live positively these days, I've had my share of depression. But I have friends that not only stayed by me during these times, but helped me get through. I will always love them for that, and I am so glad that I can now share the happy times with them too. So to all those who have been there for me in big or little ways, I say "thank you."

Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!
~ Amanda Bradley

1 comment:

  1. Christina, I think this is a great start to your bucket list. Thanking friends is something that no one ever does because we assumes labeling someone a friend is enough. But if you have learned the true value of a friend the hard way, you understand that appreciation needs to be shown.
    Also, I understand the feeling of not only thankfulness of the friends who stuck around after depression, but the guiltiness of putting them through it. Of course those friends who stuck by you will not see it this way, but I know you just cannot help feeling guilty for it once you look back. So as small as you may think that it appears ... to recognize, accept, and then tell those friends that you truly appreciated them being there during your most darkest days... I actually see as a huge step towards your goal of a conscience healthy life.

    ReplyDelete