Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Art of Visualization

“Visualization is the process of creating pictures in your mind of yourself enjoying what you want. When you visualize, you generate powerful thoughts and feelings of having it now. The law of attraction then returns that reality to you, just as you saw it in your mind.”
~Rhonda Byrne from The Secret

I have always considered myself a firm believer in the law of attraction. Now I don't have wonderful success stories of how it's worked for me, but I think that is because I have a hard time actually getting myself to visualize the things that I want in my life. As I am taking steps to make positivity my number one priorty, it has become easier for me to positively think about the things I want. The one thing that I still find very difficult to imagine is probably the one thing that I want the most: to find my soul mate. I have never been on a date (even in high school) so I really have no experience with the idea of a relationship. Perhaps that is part of the reason why I have so much trouble visualizing it. Also, I've liked many guys but it has never been reciprocated, so I have trouble believing that it ever will be. So no matter how positive I try to be, there are always little moments when I become sad about not having a relationship in my life, and I would be lying if I didn't say that my biggest fear is remaining alone for the rest of my life.

Today in particular, I was feeling pretty down about my difficulty in finding someone. I did let myself really feel it for a bit, but then I made the decision to give the art of visualization another shot. I've always included love and relationships on any vision board that I've created to try to draw it to me. Here are two examples I've done in the past:


But I know it takes more than just pasting pictures on a board; I can honestly say I've never truly believed in what these pictures stand for before. So in order to see what the law of attraction really can do, I am committing to it 100% for the next thirty days. This means that I will be actively visualizing a relationship and not waivering from the idea that there is one out there for me. If I have doubts (like I usually do about this) I must shut them out. I am not saying that this definitively will work, but I am not saying that it won't work either. And at least in doing this I will be having only positive thoughts about it for the next thirty days, and hopefully by that time those thoughts will become second nature to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment